Sunday, February 28, 2010

Hopeless Wishes



Today is the first anniversary of my father's death. I was not there. I was forbidden from being there to punish me for standing up for the truth. But he died a long, long time ago. What happened last year was only the death of the last, hidden vestige of hope.


Maybe he died the day he stole and sold my innocence and my soul...

Or maybe he died when he handed me over to government black projects...

Or maybe when he wasn't there for either of my weddings and I walked down the aisle alone...

Or maybe he died that last time I saw him face to face and found out the only reason he had come so far to see me was to force me to do something unspeakable which can never, ever be mentioned...

In actuality he died over and over and over. Last year was the last time he died ever. I hope he is paying in hell.

2 comments:

sarah said...

just stumbled here....stay strong ok. Sarah

Exhale said...

Feel your pain and sorrow...I am sorry for grief.