Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Will Go Before You



Isaiah 45: 2-3

2 I will go before you
and will level the mountains;
I will break down gates of bronze
and cut through bars of iron.

3 I will give you the treasures of darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the LORD,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.


This set depicts my whole soul/mind/spirit. The lower portions are the most trapped and young parts, and furthest back in time.

The top half is present day and the hard work of the adults in our system enabled by God to bring progressive truth and knowledge to all of us and to continually invite God to "go before us" down to the depths of my self and bring revelations of truth to places I don't even know about yet.

He is doing it.

3 comments:

Shamai said...

this is such a picture of hope!!Congratulations...this doesn't come without a lot of inner work.
Shamai

VICKI IN AZ said...

I want to be brave like you. Sometimes I think I am afraid and then I don't pray so that I won't receive more information. It is so very hard to talk about.
One of my very favorite scriptures is also in Isaiah 30:21-22 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more.
But thine eyes shall see thy teachers: And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, this is the way, walk ye in it.
When ye turn to the right hand and when ye turn to the left.

You have a beautiful spirit. I am very glad to have found your blog.

Eliana Hephzibah said...

Vicki,
Thank you so much. It is hard but finding the truth, as grievesome as it is, it the most freeing thing in the universe. I pray for God to lead you into all truth. Thanks for reading.