Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Safe and Sound: A Video Letter To My Sister

When one speaks up about having been abused, the family system often exiles that member. This is what happened to me and as such I was deprived of the "normal" ways that people grieve, socially. I did not have a last visit or conversation with my dying father, nor will I attend the funeral. In truth, the only thing there is to grieve is that which I never had.... a healthy relationship with a father who cherishes you for who you are and basic safety. I am glad to stand up for truth and I forgive my sister for her choice not to do that all of these years. This video is my expression of this forgiveness.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was deeply touched by your video. I thought it was wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Nikki

Vague said...

that was beautiful...

WarriorBride said...

"I'm sorry" is not really appropriate in this situation, but I am sorry that you didn't have the safe and secure family life that we all deserve. Know my prayers are with you and I appreciate your courage more than you know. Blessings!

Shamai said...

May I be forgiven for the anger I felt when I saw your father. May your sister, and my sister, and all the sisters out there begin to realize their truth. You are a very brave, and very strong woman!