Sunday, January 11, 2009

Polyvore: A Site For Creativity... That and How I Met God

God Calling
God Calling by ElianaHephzibah

A friend sent me a link to this site today. Polyvore is a site that is great for creating digital collages straight from the internet. You can select and save images from around the web and assemble them into a canvas.

This is my first experiment with this site. It is a picture of how I first met God. I was 9 years old and on a school field trip. I kept hearing the command, "Pray!" in my head so I went over to a little grove of aspen trees, knelt down and what looked like a sun came from far away, and as it got closer and closer I was engulfed in light, warmth and total love. I knew it was God and it felt like "home". He told me I was chosen by him, that I had very important things to do, and that I needed to find him and get to know him. That started be on the Great Adventure which is still continuing today. Since that moment, I have never had a single doubt in my mind that I belong to him and that when I die I will go to be with Him.

Later on, when I doubted the reality of the experience, I saw a bible reference on a bookmark with my name on it that someone had given me. I looked up the verse in my bible one day and this is what it said:


23 As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the message and understand the vision:~ Daniel 9:23

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pic/verse you made. Hope you'll join us on the Adult Survivor's of Abuse group on the Polyvore site.
Shamai