Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Putting Off The Old...Embracing The New

Greetings All!

Since today is Lammas/Lughnasadh I thought it fitting to announce a major turning point or change regarding myself and my identity. First a word about the pagan holiday of Lammas/Lughnasadh. It is one of the major eight high sabbats, and it marks the halfway point in the year, which is divided in two balanced parts. The first half of the year is considered the "light" half, and the second half of the year is considered the "dark half". The first/light half of the year starts February 1, on Imbolc/Candlemass, and ends today, August 1. The last/dark half of the year starts today, August 1, as we already said, and ends February 1, when the light begins to return.

I will say more about the "wheel" of time, or the yearly cycle in another post. Right now, it would be a digression. But, on Lammas/Lughnasadh in my old life inside the Illuminati, it was the day of change. People did assessments of their progress of the previous half of the year, and made commitments to goals for the coming half of the year. So, as I continually shed my old identity, completely, as an Illuminist, I commit thoroughly to a new identity as a Child of the Kingdom. I'm speaking of the Kingdom of God, through his Son, Jesus Christ. I have left the Kingdom of Darkness behind, and embraced the Kingdom of Light. I am referring to the pure light of God, not the false, counterfeit light of Lucifer.

So, in honor of this, I am adopting a new name, both legally, and in the virtual world of the internet. This name I am adopting as a pen name came from God, at a time when he was touching the very deepest part of me a few months ago. It came to me while reading this passage from my favourite book of Scripture, Isaiah. This was God's letter to all of me:

Isaiah 62

Zion's New Name
1 For Zion's [that's me!] sake I will not keep silent,
for Jerusalem's sake I will not remain quiet,
till her righteousness shines out like the dawn,
her salvation like a blazing torch.
2 The nations will see your righteousness,
and all kings your glory;
you will be called by a new name
that the mouth of the LORD will bestow.
3 You will be a crown of splendor in the LORD's hand,
a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
4 No longer will they call you Deserted,
or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah, (my delight is in her)
and your land Beulah (married) ;
for the LORD will take delight in you,
and your land will be married.
5 As a young man marries a maiden,
so will your sons (builder) marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
so will your God rejoice over you.
6 I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem;
they will never be silent day or night.
You who call on the LORD,
give yourselves no rest,
7 and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem[me]
and makes her the praise of the earth.
8 The LORD has sworn by his right hand
and by his mighty arm:
"Never again will I give your grain
as food for your enemies,
and never again will foreigners drink the new wine
for which you have toiled;
9 but those who harvest it will eat it
and praise the LORD,
and those who gather the grapes will drink it
in the courts of my sanctuary."
10 Pass through, pass through the gates!
Prepare the way for the people.
Build up, build up the highway!
Remove the stones.
Raise a banner for the nations.
11 The LORD has made proclamation
to the ends of the earth:
"Say to the Daughter of Zion,
'See, your Savior comes!
See, his reward is with him,
and his recompense accompanies him.' "
12 They will be called the Holy People,
the Redeemed of the LORD;
and you will be called Sought After,
the City No Longer Deserted.

People have often asked me how I came to adopt my old name, Severina. Originally, it came from a song by the Mission UK of the same name. But, now I have come to understand it as having multiple levels of meaning. It is the name which most represents the me that was still very fragmented and programmed, but who was making a determined effort to "sever" herself from cult control, and for the first time chart our own course for our life.
But now that the formal mind control programming has mostly collapsed, and I have experienced a great deal of integration, I am now learning of my entire hidden life history, which was kept in the dark, far away from me, the host, who used to be the main one living everyday life. It is definitely a case of "everything you know is wrong", and my American family of origin would surely consider me insane if I told them all I now know. I guess I would respond to them the same way they have responded to my yearning for the truth over the years saying, "But, this is MY truth. You say there is no such thing as absolute truth, only a person's personal truth." Since this is their definition of "truth", then I guess this is "my" truth, so since it is as valid as theirs, I guess, by their own logic, they would have to respect that. But, they surely would not accept it, since it stands diametrically opposed to all "family history" the way they believe it to have occurred.
So, that being said, I now publicly announce the truth of who I am and where I really came from. I was born in the United Kingdom on May 5, 1966. My biological parents were people who I am choosing to not disclose at this time, but I was brought to the USA when I was a year old, and my American host (the person who carried my American legal name and lived everyday life) was created. She was given another identity, and another family, and her birthday was May 24, 1967. But my during my entire childhood I spent time being raised by both families. I had an original name, host, and identity as a European, and a whole different name, host and identity as an American.
The reason I am announcing this publicly now is in honor of those identities inside me of European origin and birth. As I embrace this part of me, I move ever forward to accepting and embracing every part of my true life history and experience. I do this not to dwell on the past, but to become whole; living life as one whole person, able to face all of the promises of the future.
So I say goodbye to Severina, and embrace a new name:
Eliana Hephzibah (My God has answered; My delight is in her)
I am not doing this out of spite or any intent to deny or hurt or reject those in my past who only participated in my American identity and life. I am working on accepting and acknowledging ALL of who I am, and that includes all of those who put an investment of love into me. I am being true to myself, and to my God.

Eliana Hephzibah



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Eliana more than the name Severina. Severina seemed too... severe... like "severing", a bit harsh and violent. Eliana is more feminine and proper. God has also given me a new name. May God bless your progress in His procession.

WarriorBride said...

Welcome, Eliana. I'm so glad that more and more of the truth has come and that lies have been broken. May the Lord bless you in ways beyond imagination.

Frater Syzygy said...

welcome Eliana, Daughter of the Sun.

A beautiful name for a beautiful child of light.

let the things we know shape the things we do and the life we lead be the life of love.

Vague said...

beautiful story... have often contemplated legally changing my name.... may just do that one day... one day....