Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I Will Not Be Broken

I have recently been hearing the new song by Bonnie Raitt. I confess, she has always had a lukewarm reception from me, as I don't run in the Country/Western vein of things. I will say this, though. Every song I've heard of hers on the radio, I have enjoyed; just not enough to go out and buy one of her albums.........
until now.


The timing of this song coming out could not be more perfect for me. Every word is a vociferous expression from the depths of my being.

I dedicate this song to all who would continue to deny the truth, and who for their own comfort and convenience, would keep me in bondage. This is also to those who think they own me and control my destiny. I've got news for them..............

I Will Not Be Broken

That was then and this is now
Found my way back here somehow.
Knew you’d have to let me go
I told you once, I told you so

take me down, you can hold me but you can't hold what's within
roll me 'round, push me to the limit
maybe I may bend
but I know where I'm not going

I will not be broken
I will not be broken

I will not be someone other than who I am
I will fight to make my stand
‘cause what is living if I can’t live free
what is freedom if I can’t be me

take me down, you can hold me but you can't hold what's within
roll me 'round push, me to the limit
maybe I may bend
but I know where I'm not going

I will not be broken
I will not be broken

I won’t let you near it
I will let my spirit fly
Fly
High

Oh take me down
take me down, you can hold me but you can't hold what's within
roll me 'round, push me to the limit
maybe I may bend
but we both know where I’m not going

I will not be broken
I will not be broken
I will not be broken

By:Bonnie Raitt

Get it here


Oh, and to those who would continue to deny the veracity of my memories, this quote speaks my mind and truth nicely.

There is an ancient Indian saying, that something lives only as long as the last person who remembers it. My people have come to trust memory over history. Memory, like fire, is radiant and immutable. Those that would douse the flame of memory, in order to put out the dangerous fire of truth, beware of these men, for they are dangerous themselves, and unwise. Their false history is written on the blood of those who might remember, and those who seek the truth.

Albert Hosteen, The X Files, Season 3 Episode 1

2 comments:

answer-man said...

enjoyed your blog, we are introducing our New Updated Dvd Bible Site **www.BibleMediaDvd.Com** and thought you might enjoy all the new features of the King James Version, New Living Translation Version on Dvd and also have a free offering of a Children's Bible Story CD for the lowest prices now of $29.95. Stop by and check out the Free Demo. Thank you for your time and Have a Great Day.

TheCountry said...

I, also have a myspace. This is TheCountry from a survivor group you are on.

I hope to read more of your interesting and informative information. We know of Restoration for Christ Ministries.

Have a cousin, who speaks with him.

I also liked your "myspace."
cindy TheCountry