Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Personal Declaration of Independence

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for an individual to dissolve the familial bonds that have connected her to them, and to assume among the peoples of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle her, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that she should declare the causes which impel her to the separation.


I hold these truths to be self-evident, that all people are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, families are instituted among people, deriving their just Powers from the consent of God and their progeny. – That whenever any family system becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the individual to alter or to abolish their ties to it, and to institute a new family, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to her shall seem most likely to effect her Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that family ties long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that individuals are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the relationships to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce her under absolute Despotism, it is her right, it is her duty, to throw off such a family system, and to provide for herself, new guards for her future security---Such has been the patient sufferance of this person; and such is now the necessity which constrains her to alter her former family bonds. The history of this family of origin is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over this person. To prove this, let facts be submitted to a candid world.

It has been established that I am an actual multiplicity of persons, as evidenced by the DSM-IV criteria for Dissociative Identity Disorder.

That the acquisition of such a disorder only occurs under extreme, brutal, and repeated traumas, which must commence before the age of 6 yrs. for this level of disorder to manifest.

Memories which have returned have been accompanied and/or preceded by actual sensory replay of the experience.

Physiological, emotional, and cognitive effects experienced are consistent with the events coming to light.

No memory has returned as a result of any intrusive therapeutic techniques such as hypnosis, or under any suggestion or leading by any therapist or support person.



The reading of graphic descriptions of other survivors accounts of their experience, or descriptions of the inner workings of any groups has been consistently avoided, as to discourage the contamination of any recalled material, and to ensure the pure veracity of any emerging memory or experience.

Memories which have returned have shown information which could not be known otherwise, and which have corroborated with the known operations of certain organized groups of people.

Through this internal work, actual places have been described in detail, corroborated by witnesses who have actually been to and have seen and described the same places.

Memories of rituals and ceremonies which have returned, have been consistent with details of actual, documented and known ceremonies in the groups of question, which were not known personally beforehand.

Documented evidence of intimidation and harassment by individuals or groups as evidenced by tampering with my free speech over the internet via weblogs, such as illegal acquisition of passwords, resulting in deliberate deletion of written material, and the posting of personal information on such sites for which my permission was not granted.

The deliberate sabotage of webmail accounts by individuals or groups, resulting in illegal interruption and interception of emails sent and received.

Use of terror tactics, designed to foster fear and intimidation, as evidenced by the attempted crime of physical abduction of one of my children, by alleged group, identifying themselves by the use of key phrases known only to me and said perpetrators.

The contacting of my therapist by an identified family member without my knowledge or permission while using an alias, making baseless accusations of my person, knowingly encouraging the therapist to violate legal confidentiality laws as put forth by HIPPA regulations.

As a result of all aforementioned experiences, my mental stability, professional livelihood, marriage, parenting ability, spiritual practice, healthy relationship forming ability, general functionality, and even my life have been placed in grave jeopardy.

This family of origin as well as the surrounding community of origin have grossly abused their power, and have fallen far short of providing the protection and nurturance to which every child is entitled by rights, thereby abdicating all authority over and entitlement to honor from my person.



I, therefore, the Representative of my internal persons, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of my intentions, do in the Name, and by the Authority of myself and Almighty God, solemnly publish and declare, That the whole of my person is, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent; that I am absolved from all Allegiance to this family of origin, and that all relationship between I and them, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as a Free and independent person, I have full power to prosecute under the law, if it is necessary, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish relationships, and do all other Acts and Things which Independent persons may of right do.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, I pledge to God, my husband and my children my Life, my Fortune, and my Sacred Honor.

Signed,
Severina
Under Ruash Yasha

This the day of August 11, 2005

3 comments:

Matty said...

This is amazing, Severina. Also amazing is your courage and clarity of mind.

Severina said...

Thanks Matt. Especially for considering me to have as you say "clarity of mind". My mother has accused me publicly that everything that I am remembering is my imagination born out of my "illness". So, being perceived as having "clarity of mind" is important to me. It proves that I am not "crazy". Whatever that means anyway.
Thanks for being there.

anonymz said...

Wow....it is powerful, I am glad to see the journey did not end for you, you are still here. I see tonight that the temptations put before me this day are the way of death.